Opera Dragonfly documentation
Appendix E: Version history
Opera Dragonfly has, since its inception, been continuously extended and improved. This version history is not exhaustive, but aims to highlight some of the important milestones in Opera Dragonfly's development. For a more comprehensive list of changes, see the Opera Dragonfly release logs and the commit history for Opera Dragonfly's master branch on GitHub.
Opera Dragonfly 1.2012.12.14
- Profiler: zoomable timeline, improved details view for style recalculations.
Opera Dragonfly 1.2012.11.21
- Resources: new resources inspector with expandable tree view and improved details panel.
Opera Dragonfly 1.2012.09.20
- Network: improved details view, including "parsed mode" to reformat POST requests.
Opera Dragonfly 1.2012.08.03
- Document: event listeners tooltip and side panel.
Opera Dragonfly 1.2012.07.26
- Scripts: return value inspection.
Opera Dragonfly 1.2012.06.22
Opera Dragonfly 1.2012.05.11
- Improved color picker.
- Console: ability to evaluate an object's getters.
Opera Dragonfly 1.2012.03.15
- Style Inspector: support for CSS shorthand.
- Ability to switch to preferred color format (Hex, RGB or HSL) in Settings.
Opera Dragonfly Style Profiler (29 November 2011)
- standalone preview of style profiler functionality.
Opera Dragonfly 1.2011.10.12
- Console: Support for
- Scripts: smoother stepping through callstack.
Opera Dragonfly 1.1 (1 Sept 2011)
- Document: search panel with options to search via RegExp, CSS selectors, XPath, and text; pseudo-elements.
- Style Inspector: link back from a style declaration to its declaration in the CSS source file; style declarations for pseudo-classes and pseudo-elements; SVG presentational attributes.
- Scripts: search panel with options to search via RegExp and options to search in all files, and ignore case and injected scripts.
- Network: inspect POST data.
- Resources: link up line numbers with Error Log and CSS Inspector; search function.
- Storage: upgrade Local Storage, Session Storage and Widgets Preferences to the UI used for cookies in Opera Dragonfly 1.0.
- Errors: UI redesign taking up less real estate; show resource type in overview instead of severity level; error badge matches currently active view; merged less common error types into an Other panel; linked up error line to the Resource line number; replaced search with filter; removed
console.* entries (with option to add back); errors are shown from before Opera Dragonfly was open (Opera 12 only).
- Console: introduction of full panel Console; auto-complete for JS/DOM built-ins; inline expandable Objects; highlight
- Utilities: added Screen Ruler.
Opera Dragonfly 1.0 (4 May 2011)
Opera Dragonfly Alpha 3 (30 October 2008)
- Localisation support.
- DOM editing.
Opera Dragonfly Alpha 2 (1 July 2008)
Opera Dragonfly Alpha (6 May 2008)