Networking Protocols support in Opera Presto 2.7
HTTP 1.0 and HTTP 1.1 support
Opera supports HTTP
1.0 (RFC 1945) and HTTP 1.1 (RFC 2616) protocols with the following
Opera does support:
- HTTP response header "X-Frame-Options"
- Basic Authentication (passwords)
- Digest Authentication support, excepting integrity check on body
- Byte range support which enables resuming downloads (provided the server supports it)
- Cachecontrol for:
no-cache (always check for fresh document)
no-store (do not save to disk)
- Multipart/mixed messages: RFC 2045 and
- Persistent connections (multiple request/response through one connection):
TLS (RFC 2246) support
(also through proxy/firewall)
- HTTP over TLS: RFC 2818
Other protocol support
Opera provides support for the following items:
Opera supports 128 and 256 bit encryption (RSA,
DH key exchange methods) for:
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) version 3
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2
This is supported for HTTP (web), NNTP (news), POP and SMTP (e-mail).
- Note: SSL 2 is obsolete and no longer supported.
Further support is provided for
- Generating private keys and submitting certificate requests
- EV (Extended Validation)
- An indicator (green bar) for EV certificates acts as an identifier in the Address bar
A simple online newsreader with support for encrypted newsservers and newsserver with passwords is provided.
- Supports decoding of single article attachments, MIME