Networking Protocols support in Opera Presto 2.10
HTTP 1.0 and HTTP 1.1
Opera Presto supports
HTTP 1.0 (RFC 1945) and HTTP 1.1 (RFC 2616) protocols
with the following exception:
Opera Presto also supports:
- HTTP response header "X-Frame-Options"
- Basic Authentication (passwords)
- Digest Authentication support, excepting integrity check on body
- Byte range support which enables resuming downloads (provided the server supports it)
- Cachecontrol for:
no-cache (always check for fresh document)
no-store (do not save to disk)
- Multipart/mixed messages: RFC 2045 and
- Persistent connections (multiple request/response through one connection):
TLS (RFC 2246) support
(also through proxy/firewall)
- HTTP over TLS: RFC 2818
Other protocol support
Opera Presto provides support for the following items:
Opera Presto supports 128 and 256 bit encryption (RSA,
DH key exchange methods) for:
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) version 3
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2
This is supported for HTTP (web), NNTP (news), POP and SMTP (e-mail).
- Note: SSL 2 is obsolete and no longer supported.
Further support is provided for
- Generating private keys and submitting certificate requests
- EV (Extended Validation)
- An indicator (green bar) for EV certificates acts as an identifier in the Address bar
A simple online newsreader with support for encrypted newsservers and newsserver with passwords is provided.
- It supports decoding of single article attachments, MIME,