Changelog since Opera 9.5 Beta 2
For an overview of changes since Opera 9.27, please refer to the main changelog for Opera 9.5.
- Installed a new, default UI skin.
- Added three default Speed Dial entries.
- Changed default Speed Dial search engine from Yahoo to Ask.
- New look for the address field drop-down introduced.
- Added bookmark title and URL to the address bar auto-completion.
- F8 now works again to focus address field when focus is in panels.
- Improved the panel selector dropdown and plugin facility.
- Improved the search facility.
- Opera no longer wants to update a nonexistent mail store when upgrading from 9.2 to 9.5.
- 'Download message bodies' is now enabled on all POP accounts.
- Improved download of mail from POP servers.
- Improved viewing of feeds with slow loading images.
- SMTP Authentication is enabled by default for new mail accounts.
- Improved filter properties dialog.
- Made "Send queued e-mail after checking e-mail" setting POP-specific.
- Added notification that no new mail was available when manually checking POP accounts.
- Disabled using opera:config#UserPrefs|ShowNotificationForNoNewMessages.
- Improved connecting to NNTP servers requiring authentication.
- "Move Spam to Trash" and "Empty Trash" are now limited to the active account(s).
- IMAP mailboxes that cannot be checked are greyed out.
- Improved forwarding, replying and redirecting of HTML-only mails.
- Modified display of Japanese file names in Mail.
- Changed handling of Delete:
- DelAlways moves to Trash bin.
- Shift+DelNow deletes completely without using the Trash bin.
- Several improvements to the undo functionality:
- undo after marking all as read should work now
- undo now reverts marking as spam
- undo removing from filter
Display and scripting
- Improved process of calling abort() from readyState 2 or 3 in XHR.
- Various improvements to XPath.
- Added integration of Opera Dragonfly (alpha) web developer debugger to Tools > Advanced > Developer Tools.
- A custom title for the Developer Tools (Opera Dragonfly) Window using <title> can now be set in the tool top level document.
- Improved stability.
- Reduced memory usage.
- Offline mode is improved.
- Improved Opera Link's bookmarking capabilities.
- Form submit now works properly in widgets.
- Fixed moving videos on YouTube when hovering tabs.
- Fixed Russian and German dictionary search.
- Solved an issue where Images could be read cross-domain with canvas, as reported by Philip Taylor. See our advisory.
- Fixed an issue where certain characters could obscure the page address, as reported by Tony Thomas. See our advisory.
- Pages held in frames are no longer able to change the location of pages in unrelated frames on the parent page. See our advisory.
- Modified EV status policy. See Yngve's blog.
- Improvements made to certificate handling, the new certificate repository and the certificates UI.
- Added defense against malware to Fraud Protection.
- Improved links in the Fraud Protection dialog.
- Improved the default Save and Open dialog folders.
- Improved international installer.
- Improved painting of some SVG.