Changelog for Opera 9.20 for Windows
Opera 9.20 for Windows is available for download.
- Opera 9.20 introduces Speed Dial and Developer Tools.
- The search engine in Speed Dial can be chosen in Search preferences. This release dynamically merges a default set of searches with your custom searches.
This release is a recommended security upgrade.
See the Security section for additional information.
A separate changelog listing changes since Beta 1
Changes Since Opera 9.10
- Changed keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + 0-9 to call speed dial entries. Panel activation shortcuts moved to Ctrl + Shift + 0-9
- Kiosk mode defaults to not displaying Speed Dial. Added new kioskmode switch kioskspeeddial to enable feature.
- Added thumbnails on hover in Windows panel.
- Added support for automatic search from address bar when entering more than one word.
- Start bar disabled by default.
- Added support for animated GIF images in skins.
Mail, messaging, and newsfeeds
- IRC /quit messages now work properly.
- Transfer status on IRC improved.
Display and scripting
- CSS height:inherit now inherits the computed value.
- Scripts in framesets now execute onload.
- Manipulating content inside about:blank will now change the address of about:blank to match that of the manipulating page.
- Fix for character encoding inheritance issue with frames, which could enable cross-site scripting. See the advisory.
- Fixed an issue regarding handling of FTP PASV response, as reported by Mark at bindshell.net
- XMLHttpRequest now treats separate ports on the same server as a different server. Issue reported by Egmont Koblinger.
- Fixed an issue where scripts could continue to run after leaving the page, as reported by Herrmann Manuel.
- Skandiabanken.no's message about successful certificate installation is now shown.
- Multiple stability fixes.
- Voluntary, anonymous usage statistics reporting feature added.
- Flickr Organizr now works correctly in Opera.
- Fullscreen movies on YouTube now start.
- Images with broken exif data now display.
- Saving big images should now work more reliably.
- When specifying address:port without specifying the protocol, "http://" is once again inferred.
- Added support for the optional "key" in BitTorrent tracker requests.