Opera 7.50 for Windows Changelog
New in Opera 7.50
Opera version 7.50 is now available for
Opera 7.50 adds several new features and improves on the innovations of Opera 7.
- On upgrade, all e-mail from previous Opera versions will be reindexed for faster searching and sorting. This means that e-mail indexed by Opera 7.50 will not be compatible with previous versions of Opera.
- Opera 7.50 (Beta 1 and final release both) fixes a Telnet URI handler vulnerability as reported in iDEFENSE Security Advisory 05.12.04. Users of earlier Opera versions are adviced to upgrade.
- Opera 7.50 introduces a new toolbar setup. Previous toolbar customizations will be overridden on upgrade and can no longer be used.
If you would like to see a (more detailed) listing of changes since Beta 1 only, there is a separate changelog.
Changes since Opera 7.23:
At first glance
- User interface redesigned
- Chat client
- RSS newsfeeds
- Fast full-text indexing of e-mail messages
- Support for spell check
- Graphical smileys in chat and e-mail
New chat client
- Uses the IRC (Internet Relay Chat) protocol.
- New chat panel lists visited chat rooms and status of on-line contacts.
- Textual smileys are automatically transformed to graphical ones.
- Supports transferring files by the DCC (Direct Client-to-Client) protocol.
- Faster indexing and searching of e-mail messages
- Learning spam filter and custom filters
- Spam filter will be set to "learning" on upgrade regardless of previous setting.
- New option to "Mark as spam".
- Marking message as "Not spam" no longer adds sender to contacts.
- Ctrl+X removes message from any filter
- Spam filter will be set as learning when upgrading from 7.23 regardless of previous setting.
- Unseen messages will now have the "Not visited" link color specified in Preferences > Page style > My link style.
- Graphical smileys introduced.
- "Organization" e-mail header is now indexed for searching.
- Removed mailing lists from "Active contacts" access points.
- Fixed problem with forwarding .txt attachments
- Fixed problem entering Korean characters in search fields
- Added support for subscription to RSS newsfeeds
- "Newsfeeds" added as access point in the e-mail panel.
- RSS 0.9x, 1.0 and 2.0 are supported.
- Clicking RSS links automatically adds newsfeed to Opera Mail.
- Auto-detection of RSS file (
link rel="alternate") displayed in navigation bar.
- Improved handling of contacts with multiple addresses.
- Improved handling of invalid List-ID headers.
- Improved threading of e-mail and newsgroup messages.
- Improved handling of malformed MBOX files
- Improved handling of invalid Content-Types in plain text messages
- Unread message count shown in mail panel selector button.
- Unseen e-mail messages have same color as unvisited links.
- Open access points are remembered between sessions.
- Multipart message improvements.
- Added setting (
: "Enable e-mail and chat") to allow for disabling all e-mail, news and chat functionality
- New default skin.
- New "Tools" menu.
- New "Customize toolbars" dialog for placing and customizing all toolbars.
- Toolbar version has been updated; old toolbar customizations will no longer work.
- The Hotlist has changed names to panels.
- Panel items, such as e-mail filters, are now single-click.
- 'Links' and 'Info' panels and the zoom drop-down now work also for e-mail and chat.
- Made advertisement preferences consistent with first time setup dialog; clicking on Google ads turns off the main bar, selecting "generic" turns it on.
- Added "Show only when needed" option for page bar.
- Added support for Aspell spell checker (requires separate install).
- Removed hard-coded fallback text color (black) for labels.
- Allowed for more user interface text strings to be translated.
- New "Search" panel with multiple search fields
- Enabled favicons in bookmarks and personal bar.
- "New page" button added to page bar.
- "Reuse existing page" now includes e-mail pages.
- Newly downloaded skin will not be saved if user opts not to keep it.
- Added setting to make lists with alternating background colors more accessible (disabled by default):
Color List Row Mode=1
- Added setting for controlling support of the autocomplete="off" attribute in FORMs (disabled by default):
- Added setting for reverting panel's new single-click behaviour:
Hotlist Single Click=0
Keyboard and Mouse
- Improved and expanded support for drag and drop
- New mouse gestures. Rewind: Shift+Gesture left, Fast Forward: Shift+Gesture right.
- "Document Window" added to list of sections in the shortcut editors for keyboard and mouse.
- Keyboard shortcut changes:
- 5 now rightly toggles between maximized and restored page.
- i toggles between split and maximized view in e-mail pages.
- Re-introduced Ctrl+F4 for toggling panels with the panel selector.
- Ctrl+click on image opens "Save image" dialog.
- Open new page: Ctrl+N in MDI, Ctrl+Shift+N in SDI.
- Open new window: Ctrl+Alt+N in MDI, Ctrl+N in SDI.
- Close page: Ctrl+W. Closing last page in SDI closes Opera.
- Close (application) window: Ctrl+Shift+W in MDI, Ctrl+W in SDI.
- Changed keyboard shortcut for "Duplicate page" from Ctrl+Shift+N to Ctrl+Shift+Alt+N.
- Changed keyboard shortcut for "Close all" to Ctrl+Shift+N to Ctrl+Shift+Alt+W.
- CSS 'overflow' content can be scrolled using keyboard or mousewheel
Display and standards
- Overall stability improvements.
- Overall CSS support improvements.
- Added support for SCRIPTs in XML documents.
- Improved display of HTML entities in XML documents.
- Added support for the XMP HTML tag.
- Added support for inheritance of CSS background properties.
- Improvements of bidirectional text support.
- Added support for DOM_Runtime and DOMEnvironment.
Privacy and security
- Individual cookies can now be edited in the server manager
- Increased maximum number of cookies per server to 30
- Fixed Secunia Advisory #10760 (Download Extension Spoofing)
- Fixed Telnet URI handler file creation/truncation vulnerability in Opera as notified in personal communication by iDEFENSE.Telnet URI Handler issue.
- Allow Alt+Space menu when using /NoMinMaxButtons command line option
- Enabled Page bar when using /KioskWindows command line option
- Added /NoPanel as alias for /NoHotlist command line option
- /KioskButtons will now display address bar by default
- Fixed problem with Netscape bookmarks import where URL data could confuse parsing of titles
- Improved plug-in support
- Faster and more efficient image caching
- New system tray icon with e-mail notification and right-click menu. Opera can be hidden to tray using Ctrl+H.
- Included latest Flash plugin.
- Improved handling of IME/East Asian text.