Opera 7 for Windows Changelogs
New in Opera 7.0 Beta 2
Opera version 7.0 beta 2 is now available for download.
Opera 7 is faster and smaller than Opera 6, yet adds many new features!
Again, Opera has proven that less is more. Opera has a completely new
rendering engine, a revolutionary e-mail client, and can combine
SDI, MDI, and tabbed browsing.
Opera 7.0 beta 2 for Windows has the following changelog:
See the Opera 7 specifications for more details.
M2, Opera's new e-mail and news client
- E-mail import from Netscape, versions 6/7
- Added being able to choose an external mailer
- Generic mbox import fully functional
- Replying to HTML-mails now works
- Added stop sending mail
- Pressing compose when in a newsgroup will automatically fill
in the Newsgroups header, in a mailing list fill in the mailing list as
To header, in a contact view the contact address.
- It is now possible to rename any accesspoint, also rename e.g. Unread to Today
- Added option to see mail from last 3 months
- Allow shift+tab to get out of compose window
For more information about M2, please refer to the
User interface features
- Introduced the brand new Fast Forward
- New links panel
- Shows links for active window
- Panel can be "locked" to keep the links
- Drag'n'drop and quick download
- Quick-find filter
- Detect images/music, etc and give them distinct icon
- New Contacts panel
- Rearrange, show, or hide panels at will
- Added a 15-day banner free period
- Startup dialog may only be disabled when registered.
- Startup speed optimization
- Added support for "opera:/help/"
- Entirely re-structured table layout to accommodate THEAD and TBODY being ordered correctly
- Added support for printing during print preview
- Added simple skin download-and-install, if the server returns
content-type "application/x-opera-skin" and the file has "zip" extension
the user can download and install the skin directly
- Added support for the HTTP Content-Location header
- Added a preference setting to control whether the JS console is
auto-created on encountering the first error
- Added quick download to normal link menus
- Added "Copy file information" to the transfer pop-up
- Added back the Advertising preferences
- Local help files are included in this beta
- Added support for the following:
- styleFloat keyword for DOM CSS
- onscroll event attribute
- Removed "Enable embedded video" from Preferences
See the changelog for Opera 7, beta 1.
And the Opera 7 specifications.