Changelog for Opera 9.01 for Unix
Opera 9.01 for Unix is available for download.
Opera 9.01 is a recommended upgrade.
Changes Since Opera 9.0
- Solved problems with error console popping up unrequested. Console Filter setting in opera.ini has been renamed to Error Console Filter.
- Newsfeeds can be renamed again.
- Right-click to save images no longer puts the file in the list of transfers.
- Fixed problems with setting external source viewer path. Preference field no longer requires quotation marks if containing spaces.
- Solved issue where Opera would get focus, but elements would not be activated when clicked while Opera was in background.
- Search field now shows dropdown when using the down arrow key.
- Using search from right-click menu remembers the last search engine used.
- "Find" and "Find next" options no longer grayed out in source viewer "Edit" menu.
- Typed-in history now disabled and cleared with visited history in preferences.
Mail, messaging, and newsfeeds
- Multiple IMAP backend improvements and bug fixes.
- Improved speed in handling filters with large number of messages.
- Fixed problem with recognition of uuencoded attachments.
- Changed quoting colors in mail for improved readability/accessibility.
Display and scripting
- Solved letter-spacing issue in form fields when using zoom.
- Fixed problem with some Chinese sites where clicking any link would trigger language-switching script.
- Fixes to contenteditable support.
- Fixed scripting issue causing embedded content not to appear.
- Allow forms to be submitted if the default value of their inputs exceeds their own maxlength.
- Solved problems logging on to the Internet banking services of Volksbank Raiffeisenbank.
- XSLT: Added support for exls:node-set function.
- DOM: Added support for range.intersectsNode.
Plug-ins and Java
- Allow Flash from other domain to access script in page; fixes problems with sites where Flash pop-ups cannot be closed.
- Fixed problems with direct embedding of URLs using the MMS and RTSP protocols causing some Web radios and media players to fail.
- Fixed bug where Java Applet did not load when width and height set to 0.
- Fixed problem where some Flash pages would not prompt users missing Flash to install.
- Multiple stability improvements. Fixes include issue described in this Opera advisory.
- Solved refresh problem causing some frames pages to turn blank.
- HTTP accept language now stated correctly, works with Hotmail and other localized Web services again.
- Fixed automatic saving of cookies.
- Solved upload problems with Imageshack and similar services.
- Improved compatibility with Adobe Type Manager and better handling of large quantities of installed fonts.
- Background color for widgets is now gray (#505150) instead of dark blue (#375175).
- Dragging the config.xml file into Opera now correctly opens the widget.
- First click and drag on a widget scrollbar now correctly scrolls content.