Changelog for Opera 9.0 for Unix
Opera version 9.0 for Unix is available for download.
Changes since 8.54.
Changes Since Opera 9.0 Beta 2
- Available accesskeys are now listed when entering accesskey mode with Shift+Escape.
- "Save as HTML file with images" now uses a folder for external files.
- Cookie site preferences now override globally disabled cookies.
- Bookmarks exported to HTML are now in the Netscape Bookmark File Format, making them compatible with Yahoo bookmarks, Scuttle, MyBookmarks, etc.
- When enabling the status bar, link and form tooltips will not show the URL address anymore, and will display the content of the title attribute without the "Title: " prefix.
- Several content blocker fixes.
- Some plug-in content will now require you to click before you can interact with it.
- Changing alignment of mail headers no longer causes headers to overlap or disappear.
- Fix for font preferences being ignored when restarting Opera.
- Double-click to select words now doesn't select punctuation.
- Temporary download directory used for opening files in external applications can now be modified in opera:config.
- window.moveTo and window.resizeTo are now supported, as well as window.close.
- widget.setPreferenceForKey for Widgets now works.
- Fixed unwarranted security violation errors.
- Any <plugin> and <java> tags must now be inside the <content> tag, which itself should be inside the <security> tag.
Messaging and newsfeeds
- Several IMAP fixes including improved drag/drop from IMAP trash.
- Opening images in mail by right-clicking the image now works.
- Improved handling of percentage heights on tables.
- Stand-alone images are now centered on the page; image.css is read again.
- User set encoding is now window and site specific.
- Baseline for CJK characters is now correct.
- Fixed animation speed of animated GIF images.
- XHTML mobile profile rendering is fixed.
- Fix for missing marker on floated list items.
- Fix for display: block; on button elements.
- background-position can now accept positions larger than 2047px.
- Added support for DOM level 2 Style Sheets and associated parts of DOM level 2 CSS.
- Added support for the CONTENTEDITABLE attribute and contentEditable property.
- Several improvements to behavior of designMode.
- Added support for Audio.loop.
- Improved handling of mouse events passing through clipped or overflowed (or otherwise transparent) regions of an element.
const as an alias for
- Added support for document.charset and document.characterSet.
- Improved handling of offsetTop, offsetLeft and offsetParent.
- Improved SVG performance for dynamic changes.
- Allowed SVGMatrix to be read/write.
- Added smallcaps support.
- Support panning.
- Fixed handling of gradientTransform attribute when gradientUnits is objectBoundingBox.
- Support keyboard navigation in SVG.
- Several fixes for Web Forms 2.0 stepping.
- Improved display of date inputs.
- Multiple stability fixes.
- Now using operapluginwrapper to detect plug-ins.
- Improved handling of keyboard focus on pages containing Java applets.
- Ctrl+H now hides Opera to the systray if there is one.
- Installer now recognises all Sun OS versions.
- Plug-ins work better now.
- The tray icon can now be disabled with the command line option -notrayicon.
- Middle-click features ("paste and go" and panning) are fixed.