Opera 8.50 for Unix Changelog
Opera 8.50 for Unix is available for download.
This release is a recommended security upgrade.
At a Glance
- Advertisement banner removed
- Registration options removed
- Updated end-user license agreement
Changes since 8.02
- Removed advertising banners and all dialogs and menus related to advertising, registration, and license codes.
- Solved issue with Opera reverting explicit user setting to use program as handler rather than plug-in.
- Removed support for branded banners.
- Fixed issues reported in Secunia Advisory 16645
- Attachment URLs now used instead of cache URLs for viewing attachments.
- Issue where file names ending in '.' could mislead user about file extension solved.
- Fixed drag-and-drop vulnerability allowing unintentional file uploads. Issue reported by mikx.de.
- Improved handling of must-revalidate cache directive for HTTPS pages.
- Fixed display issue with cookie comment encoding.
- Multiple stability fixes.