Changelog for Opera 8.01 for Unix
Opera 8.01 is available for download.
- This release is a recommended security upgrade. See the Security section for additional information.
- The file version number of search.ini is now 6. All files with lower version numbers will be overwritten on upgrade.
Changes since Opera 8.0
- The search field on the View bar should now correctly be "Find in page" for all platforms. Please note that when upgrading from previous versions, this release will overwrite search.ini files whose version number is 5 or lower.
- Added search suggestion using the default search engine at the end of the address field auto-complete dropdown.
- Default start-up mode is "Continue from last time".
- Corrected behavior of Home and End keys when focus is inside a form field.
- Solved issue with misplaced progress bar when page bar disables itself ('show only when needed').
Display and standards
- Multiple display fixes that improve rendering of the Acid2 test.
- Now correctly handling anchors in URLs for PDF files.
- Improved SVG support.
- Corrected handling of the "object" tag.
- Made handling of tables within 'center' tags consistent with other browsers.
- Some improvements to Fit to window width (ERA).
- Multiple scripting fixes.
- Fixed spatial navigation highlighting issue for bi-directional languages.
- Corrected display of Latin-1 characters in bookmark descriptions.
- Fixed handling of the altKey event.
- Improvements to XMLHttpRequest support, added support for XMLHttpRequest.setRequestHeader.
- Corrected handling of the HTTP status code "204 no content" to be in compliance with RFC 2616. The document view will not change when the request has been sent.
- Fixed XMLHttpRequest redirect vulnerability reported in Secunia Advisory 15008.
- Fixed cross-site scripting vulnerability reported in Secunia Advisory 15411.
- Fixed cross-site scripting vulnerability in location header when automatic redirection is disabled. Vulnerability reported in Secunia Advisory 15423.
- Fix for variant of window injection vulnerability reported in Secunia Advisory 13253
- Fixed information disclosure weakness causing file path information to be sent when using the GET form method. Security Focus Bugtraq ID #12723.
- Improved accuracy of security bar and modified security icon behavior: when a certificate is accepted manually after a warning, the security level of the connection is set to 1.
- Fixed issue with wrong referrers being sent to sites in browsing history.
- Fixed erroneous display of certificate names containing ampersands.
- Solved problem with collapsed address bars for some pop-ups missing indication of security level.
- Sent e-mail can now be imported.
- Multiple stability improvements.
- Fixed update notification to handle a new release installed over an older version.
- Fixed problems with downloading and installing setups from outside the opera.com domain.
- Fixed problem using secure NNTP connections.
- Corrected page cycling (Ctrl+Tab) behavior.
- Now properly allowing transfer manager to open in the background.
- Reduced flickring during start-up with large number of open pages.
- Builds with static Qt now using version 3.3.4.
- Fixed problem with horizontal and vertical resize cursors being exchanged.
- Corrected behavior of double- and triple-click in form input fields.