Changelog for Opera Beta 3 for Unix
Opera Beta 3 for Unix is available for download.
Changes since Beta 2
- New preference dialog. Most important changes:
- Split into four tabs; General, Wand, Web pages, and Advanced.
- Added preferences for showing notification pop-ups for messages, blocked pop-ups, and completed file transfers (
- Skins have moved to the
- Collapsed address bars in pop-ups now display domain name and security information (when appropriate).
- "Match whole word" option in "Find in page" now correctly locates words next to punctuation marks.
Messaging and newsfeeds
- Improved handling of received e-mail attachments
- Attachments in received messages are now displayed above the message header
- New "Save attachments" dialog allows for saving multiple attachments in one operation.
- To display attachments inside messages as in previous versions, add "Show Attachments Inline=1" to the [User Prefs] section of opera6.ini
- Fix for not saving draft when pressing Ctrl+S in a compose window.
- Avoid problems with flowing in headers included in forwarded messages.
- Reference header fix affecting threading in e-mail and newsgroups.
- Recognize the <source> element in RSS 2.0 feeds and use it as the author name if no other name is found.
- Improvements to detection of HTML content in RSS newsfeeds.
- Corrected handling of Atom content with mode="escaped".
- Fix for chat pages not scrolling properly.
Display and standards
- Implemented support for SVG 1.1 Tiny.
- Fixed styling of xml:lang.
- Fixed regressions in rendering of floated elements and tables.
- Fixed regression from preview 1 causing accidental padding of textareas.
- DOM-handling fix solves display issue with some requests to Google Maps.
- Fixed several issues with bidirectional text.
- Require "dir" attribute for BDO elements to be valid and override bidi in standards mode.
- Changes to "Fit to window width" handling/ERA.
- Improvement to IDNA handling. Script detection now allows more IDNs to be displayed in Unicode. Only a single script and specific combinations are allowed in each label (separated by "." or "-").
- Added support for switching from IDN whitelist to blacklist by adding a '~' as the first character in the string, that is, "~:com:tw:"
- Improvements to security bar and information dialog.
- User defined window title can now contain %t for page title, in addition to the old %s for build number (opera6.ini).
- '$' in searches now works as intended.
- Solved multiple stability issues.
- Fixed handling of Telnet links.
- Added ua.ini settings '4' for identifying as Mozilla 5.0 (same ID as Firefox 1.0) and '5' for identifying as Internet Explorer.
- Use specified monospace font as fallback when Courier New not present.
- Enabled drag and drop of toolbar elements while pressing Shift
- Enabled Enter for accepting license agreement on first start-up.