Changelog for Opera 8.0 for Unix
Opera version 8.0 is available for download.
For an overview of changes since 7.54u2, please refer to the main changelog for Opera 8.0.
Changes since Beta 3
- Added integrated Opera Web search with keyword 'S'.
- Fix for dragging page tabs when "Open new page next to active" preference is set.
- Added automatic downloading of language files if the language is selected and the file is available for download.
- Changes to preferences dialog
- Readded language settings dialog.
- Readded default browser settings.
- Readded "Show exit dialog" setting.
- Readded "Enable inline frames" setting.
- Readded "Max connections to a server" and "Max total connections" settings.
- Readded "Enable special effects" to "Appearance" dialog.
- Fix for deleting sessions in sessions manager.
- Fixed renaming of setup files (keyboard, mouse, menu, toolbars, voice) in the preferences dialog.
- Enabled styling of scrollbars by default.
- Disabled AltGr shortcuts during inline search.
- Fix for mouse gestures over form inputs being applied to wrong tab.
- Improvements for spatial navigation within frames.
- Fix for accesskey in area maps.
- Fix for deleting existing skins when new skin downloads are cancelled.
Messaging and newsfeeds
- Fixed a blank message problem displaying forwarded messages.
- Improved encoding selection for RSS feeds.
- Fix to prevent data loss when opening two compose windows for same draft message.
- Fix for displaying entity characters in RSS subjects.
- Fix to respect the xml:base attribute for inline XML content in RSS.
- Improved handling of whitespace characters in e-mail addresses.
- Fix to avoid refetching newsfeeds every minute, if the feed was not a valid RSS or Atom document.
- Fix to prevent filtering messages to incorrect view.
Display and standards
- Changes to "Fit to window width" handling/ERA.
- Improved support for SVG 1.1 Tiny.
- Improvements to display of Simplified Chinese characters, as well as serif and sans-serif font-families with Japanese fonts.
- Removed support for ActiveXObject function as an alternative reference to XMLHttpRequest.
- Added support for
- Fix for onclick detection and emulation for mouseless systems.
- Selection is preserved when clicking links or buttons, for use with
- Fix to prevent sending load events to images when switching stylesheets.
- Fix for
document.body.offsetHeight to report viewport height in quirks mode.
- Fix for CSS generated content being applied to elements with xml:lang attribute instead of accesskey attribute
- Solved multiple stability issues.
- Allowed caching of redirected URLs.
- Enabled smooth zooming of images by default.
To disable smooth zooming of images, set "Interpolate Images" to "0" to the [Multimedia] section of opera6.ini
- Fix to respect "Use Proxy On Local Names Check" setting for local server addresses.
- Fix for deleting plug-in path when installed on network drive.
- Speed-up of initial reading of global history.