Opera 7.50 for Unix Changelog
Opera version 7.50 is available for download.
- On upgrade, all e-mail from previous Opera versions will be reindexed for faster searching and sorting. This means that e-mail indexed by Opera 7.50 will not be compatible with previous versions of Opera.
- Opera 7.50 (Beta 1 and final release both) fixes a Telnet URI handler vulnerability as reported in iDEFENSE Security Advisory 05.12.04. Users of earlier Opera versions are adviced to upgrade.
- Opera 7.50 introduces a new toolbar setup. Previous toolbar customizations will be overridden on upgrade and can no longer be used.
For a complete overview of changes since 7.23, please also refer to the changelog for Opera 7.50 Beta 1.
Changes since Beta 1:
- New default skin finalized.
- Made advertisement preferences consistent with first time setup dialog; clicking on Google ads turn off main bar, clicking generic turns it on.
- Added "Show only when needed" option for page bar.
- Removed hard-coded fallback text color (black) for labels.
- Fixed several focus issues.
- Fixed problem updating progress bar fields if moved to the main toolbar
- Disabled keyboard shortcuts for graphics on/off and author/user style sheet in e-mail and chat.
- Re-enabled separate manage page for links (Ctrl+Alt+L)
- 'Links' and 'Info' panels and the zoom drop-down now work also for e-mail and chat.
- "8)" and "8D" no longer generate smileys, as these combinations are frequently used for other purposes.
- Fix for panel reordering being forgotten on restart.
- Fixed transfers window not being displayed if transfers panel was disabled.
- Allowed for more user interface text strings to be translated.
- Shift+F4 again toggles the panels with the panel selector.
- "Document Window" added to list of sections in the shortcut editors for keyboard and mouse.
- Spam filter will be set as learning when upgrading from 7.23 regardless of previous setting.
- Unseen messages will now have the "Not visited" link color specified in Preferences > Page style > My link style.
- Improved threading of messages.
- 'Organization' e-mail header is now indexed for searching.
- Removed mailing lists from "Active contacts" access points.
- Fixed problem with forwarding .txt attachments
- Fixed problem entering Korean characters in search fields
- Improved handling of malformed MBOX files
- Improved handling of invalid Content-Types in plain text messages
- RSS newsfeeds
- Fixed multiple update issues with RSS newsfeeds.
- RSS 2.x: Added support for using
guid elements to determine a feed item's uniqueness. Also, if
guid is a permalink, that link element will be preferred for display.
- Newsfeed creator's e-mail address is no longer appended to the feed name.
- Fixed parsing problem with new feed items without description.
- Stability fixes.
- Fixed file transfer by DCC.
- Increased number of predefined servers when creating a new chat account.
- Added support for comma separated IRC servers in the "server" input field in account properties.
Display, scripting and standards support
- Stability fixes
- Added support for DOM_Runtime and DOMEnvironment.
- Fixed a problem with
- Fixed multiple scripting issues.
- Fixed an encoding problem when submitting
- Fixed problems with
font-style: inherit, and
- Toolbar version has been updated; old toolbar customizations will no longer work.
- "Large images" setting no longer displayed in Customize toolbars > Properties if a skin has no support for large images. Add the following to skin.ini to disable large image support:
- Made it possible to also make large fields.
- Improved support for "opera:button"; clicking a custom button will open the "Customize toolbars" dialog and add the button to the "My buttons" section.
- Added license dialog that will be shown the first time Opera launches.
- Text will no longer be selected when mouse changes focus to edit fields, as this would replace text in the mouse selection buffer.
- Fix to let triple-click selection work properly in form edit fields.
- Let named windows (-windowname option) work properly with "-newwindow" and remote commands.