Changelog for Opera 6.0 for Unix TP 3
This document details the changes made in Opera 6.0 for Unix since TP 2.
- Operashow display mode should work properly
- "opera:plugins" now lists the installed plugins
- Plugin path components can be set in separate dialog box.
- Added <firstname> <surname> and <surname>
<firstname> to form autocompletion
- Server filter list can now be sorted.
- Framed pages can be opened in 1) new window and 2) background
- Page reload timer was not correct (too slow)
- Support for telnet addresses with a port specification.
- A number of major and minor UI bug fixes.
Document and display
- Break lines at the correct positions for TEXTAREA elements that have the
WRAP attribute set to HARD. It used to be quite a bit off.
- If the font settings for generic fonts (Serif, Sans-serif, etc.) in the
preferences (opera5.ini) contained font families that didn't exist on the
system, it would crash. This could happen if the QT_XFT
environment variable (for anti-aliased fonts) was changed. It should be
- Ability to find the right font even if the family requested is provided
by different foundries.
- Support for CSS property
- Various display bugfixes
- Site-license support. The site-license file must be put in
/usr/share/opera/ in order to work.
- Improved print preview - looks better, more stable
- Fixed linebreaking issues when submitting TEXTAREA elements (didn't work
properly when WRAP attribute was "HARD")
- Fixed some socket leakage. Still some problems left, though.
- Fixed display problems on pages with fixed elements or fixed background.
- "Save as text" should be more stable now
- http downloads of tar.gz (zipped) files should work again
- Minor stability improvements
- Improved "Find Plugins" (it may even work...)
- Better handling of plug-in name/description (Java is still wrong, though)
- Better handling of some Java parameters
See the changelog for Opera 6.0 TP2.