Changelog for Opera 6.0 for Unix Beta 2
This document details the changes made in Opera 6.0 for Unix since Beta 1.
- search.ini support
- Pagebar support
- Start dialog box with SDI/
- Better DnD capabilities in Personal bar and Hotlist. One can
drop an element between existing elements.
- Imported hotlist folders are now placed within the "Bookmarks" folder
making the single hotlist view simpler to use.
- Error dialog box when an executed program (like email client) can not
- International fonts pref. dialog page is now working.
- Added another menu entry (under help): "My Opera"
- Sync. with the latest search engine spec. Lycos added. We had to rearrange
the order of the list to make this possible.
- New look for the back/fwd buttons (as they are on windows). The old look
can be restored by a setting in opera6.ini
- Supersearch will now work properly in SDI mode
- Menu cleanup code added to avoid double separators in window menu
- Ftp error codes (dialog box messages) should now work as on windows.
- We now set the Opera icon on each dialog and window. This should work
with more window managers than before.
- Fixed a problem where the document mode button (on address bar) shoved the
wrong mode when opening new windows when the default mode was "User".
- Fixed a display problem in the auto completion drop down list
where rightmost area would not be redrawn properly
- Made Ctrl+Insert and Shift+Insert work properly.
- Fixed some cookie filter problems. The current filter setting as set in
the pref dialog box could be modified when manually accepting a cookie.
- Fixed an issue where we could not choose the proper plugin if there was more
than one with the same name. We now use the path as well as the name to select
- Commandline parameter cleanup. '-newBrowser' removed and '-newpage'
- Proper display of homepage and Opera startup page the first time Opera
- Improved the "-geometry" command line argument parsing on startup and
some fixes to restore the size and position so that the latter work
with more window managers.
- Numerous SDI fixes so that Opera works as expected. (listed windows in
window menu, windows selector dialog, Ctrl+Tab navigation,
super-search, tip-of-the-day dialog, Alt+PageUp/PageDown,
cascading, tiling etc).
- download.dat is now written with the "rw" permission for the owner
only. The file may contain urls with user and password segments.
- Fixed a problem in the transfer window where local accelerators
't', 'r' and 's' were still active when other windows got focus thereby
blocking the use of those characters.
- Fixed a crash in the password dialog box (opened from pref dialog box)
that would take place if Ok was pressed with an empty old password
- Reload of a background image no longer crashes Opera.
- The transfer window visibility is now saved and restored properly
in SDI mode.
- Do not popup a search failure dialog box when doing an incremental
search in a page.
- Fix so that DnD is allowed in a bookmark or contact list
that is sorted alphabetically by Opera.
- Added better checks so that no bookmark can be added to the "find results"
folder in the hotlist by the user.
- Improved page progress indication. We have had some problems that made
the progress not working as on the windows platform.
- Made a workaround for a bug in Qt that caused the menubar
to grab keyboard focus without using it. This could happen if on pressed and
released Alt (gives focus to the menubar) when there were no active windows
in the mdi area.
- Fixed proper activation of normalized windows during startup. The window that
should have been activated was only partly activated.
- Search.ini and contacts.adr will now be copied from the shared
/usr/share/opera directory on startup if they do not exist in the
personal .opera folder
- Enter/Return/Space press on a sidebar link will now open the "add panel"
- Some fixes for autopera.win and opera.win. I had goofed up when to write
opera.win and when to use it on startup. Should work as in Opera for
- "About Opera" title could not be translated.
- OperaShow with scaling different from 100% should now work.
- Focus fixes. Try to avoid moving focus out of the personal toolbar,
address toolbar and hotlist when a document reloads or completes loading.
- Removed display (in error dialog boxes) of double path separators
('/' instead of '//')
- Cookie dialog box will now show the state of secure, version and
only-sent-to-server state of cookies.
- Support for localized help files
- Fixed missing onChange events for form elements
- Optimized image animations
- Fix for missing animations when zoom < 100%
- Fixed crash in DOM
- Support for disabled items in listboxes and comboboxes
- Use foundry selected for "Normal font" as preferred foundry when
Web pages specify a font family that is available from more than one
- Support for locale encoding for filenames and other things like strings
generated by strftime() and so on.
- Fix for crazy, CPU
intensive progress bar while receiving directory listing from an
- Got rid of crash when ISINDEX elements were used
- Full-size plugins (i.e. not embedded in document) are no longer messed
up when zooming is changed.
- Fixed-positioned imagemaps (AREA elements) work properly now
- Don't use any other encodings than "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
or "multipart/form-data" when posting forms
- Support for preferred font for a specific unicode block (writing system)
- The selected options(s) (OPTION element in a SELECT element) will now be
- Fix for animated, transparent background
- Got rid of crash when downloading a file to a filesystem that is out of
- Prevent Opera from auto-scrolling to a previously stored scroll position
when document is reformatted
- Fix for missing updates which occurred sometimes when the document was
- More graceful handling of insufficient permissions to cache
directory. It used to be an infinite loop
- Better page load progress display. Correct number of bytes loaded
(inline elements included) so far is now displayed.
- Proper handling of text containing the unicode character 0
- Fontswitching when displaying IMG ALT attributes
- Avoid unwanted linebreaking when we had to switch font in preformatted
- Fixed various other fontswitching issues
- Got rid of crash when trying to import an invalid certificate from file
- Optimization for alphablending on X servers that use 16 bit pixel
depth. It is now fast enough for 8, 16 and 32 bpp.
- "Cache HTTPS After
Sessions" is enabled by default now
- Set initial focus when frame documents have finished loading. This
usually means that the biggest frame in the frameset will get focus.
- Focus fixes for frames:
- Set initial focus for frame documents when they have finished loading.
This usually means that the biggest frame in the frameset will get
- Keep frame focus after frame resize, window resize, change of active
- Fixed iframe focus problem. We no longer get "stuck" in the iframes,
being unable to move focus away from them.
- Focus fixes for form elements:
- First form element in page was skipped in tab navigation. Fixed
- INPUT TYPE="image" and TYPE="file" caused confusing dual focus)
- Tab-focusing in file upload elements was weird.
- Various other bugfixes
- Improved download of inline files (e.g. images) on high latency links
- Another attempted fix to the CLOSE_WAIT bug.
- Fixed netscape plug-in support when operamotifwrapper outside
- Data posted from a plug-in is now correct.
- Window targets from plug-ins now work.
- Limit the keypresses that affect Opera when mouse is over a plug-in.
See the changelog for Opera 6.0 beta 1.