Changelog for Opera 6.0 for Unix Beta 1
This document details the changes made in Opera 6.0 for Unix since TP 3.
- Preliminary SDI support
(start with "opera -sdi")
- Clipping of Cyrillic and other language strings in bookmark titles fixed
- The small "active folder" mainbar icon is now read from disk
- Possible endless loop (hang) in Language preference dialog page fixed
- TAB order improved in the Personal toolbar
- Non latin1 window captions should now work (provided that a usable font is
- Added a workaround for document popup menus that closed themselves at once
they were shown.
- Every external application launched by Opera can now be opened in a terminal
using a checkbox.
- Loading of images will not longer lock the progress bar is images are
- Improved operashow support (keyboard navigation)
- Bookmark and contact files are now saved using a temporary file to avoid
dataloss on full disks.
- Every dialog can now be opened under the mouse (option set in pref. dialog)
Display and layout
- Alpha blending support for
UI toolbar buttons.
- Sound support without use of
- Better support for non-latin1 character sets. Still some problems left.
- Improved fontswitching (bugfixes and optimization).
- Some systems come with some not-so-goodlooking fonts. We now try to avoid
them being used as default fonts.
- Got rid of annoying TAB focus problem for file upload elements
- Animated GIF file fixes.
pressed (form elements).
- Some zooming related fixes for form elements.
- Various stability improvements.
- The plug-in paths are now displayed correctly (prefs > multimedia >
- The choice box under "show with plug-ins" should work now (as
long as the names are different).
- games.yahoo.com should work.
- "First applet won't run" bug fixed.
- Premature deletion of files belonging to plug-ins fixed.
- Problem with some mime types getting reset to default behaviour fixed.
- opera:plugins gives more correct information.
- Stability fixes for plug-in layer.
- gb2312/gbk encoded fonts should work.
- jisx0208 encoded fonts should work.
- ksc5601/ksx1001 encoded fonts should work.
- Related encodings may work.
See the changelogs for the Opera 6.0 TP3.