Changelog for Opera 6.0 for Unix
This document details the changes made in Opera 6.0 for Unix since Beta 2.
- Fixes in the findialog. Save and restore the last used search
- Modified the ad window code so that when clicking on it the new
document window is positioned with respect to mainwindow where the
banner is located
- Made the "New page" pagetoolbar button some pixels wider.
The old one did not look good.
- The first string ("Unspecified") in the country list can
now be translated in the ad. pref. dialog box.
- Do not close browser in
mode if there is only one doc. window
left and we are about to close it (bug in beta2)
- Crash fix when deleting cookies twice: delete - install new cookies
- delete could cause a crash.
- Show scrollbar in "About Opera" window.
- Improved language environment parsing so that we more accurately
can use the LANG environment variable to determine the translation
- Crash fix when wrapping a search with a hidden search toolbar
- Fixed a crash problem when pasting (mouse middle click) a link into
a print-preview document
- Better disabling of image document menu entries if the image has
not been loaded.
support for startup.txt and tipofday.txt That is: Read file
from a localized sub-folder depending on the country code of the
current active translation.
- Support for UP_LEFT gesture (Go to parent directory)
- Fix for the fact that Open active window in background would
- Give a reasonable width to the dropdown list when the address
toolbar is hidden.
- Made window placement (in SDI mode) optional.
Some people prefer to let the window manager do this job.
- Added code for checking mouse shape (setting the handcursor when
required) on document load completion.
- Searching is now possible again from the Alt+Space
activated search entry.
- Support for restoring a popup window without toolbars etc when
restoring a window set in SDI mode.
- DnD support in windowbar and pagetoolbar: Pages can be moved from
one browser to another and the order can be changed.
- Reload all menu fix. Do not gray it out if there is at least one
- First time startup: Show address bar on default page.
- Proper pathnames (without double path separators) in
- Added commandline argument "-windowmode
- URLs with a
password will not be modified when pasted into the address field.
- Small fix in the cookie editor: Clear displayed data when the last
cookie/domain is removed.
- Append ".local" to a server filter that does not contains
a "." in the same when adding a filter.
- Window close fix. Do not close last window in SDI
mode until exit. Has been confirmed when closing the window from the
- Some fixes to the file association:
- To make it possible to remember an association when we specify
it from the download dialog box for the first time.
- Close the download dialog box when clicking on the
- Correct shortcut in contact popup menu: Ctrl+Enter
- Fixed a problem that caused the fileselector to refuse to
accept Shift+character when entering text.
- Got Netscape/IE
bookmark import working properly again.
- Made sure the autoproxy file string is saved with a
"file:/" in front. Otherwise it will not be accepted when
accessed by core.
- Added "Serbia" to the ad. pref. country list.
- Avoid leaving fullscreen if one have a dialog open and close it
by pressing Escape.
- Show workspace context menu when Ctrl+M is pressed when
no other widget than the workspace is visible or when the
focuswidget is not visible and is a child of the mainwindow.
- Remove whitespaces in front and in the end of a link name that can
be dragged and/or saved to Hotlist from the operaview. A newline
in front of the name would prevent proper saving in the
- Bookmark View: The "Save page" / "Save all"
menu entries were not properly disabled and activated when the
Hotlist window was floating.
- Focus fix: Pressing Escape (abort loading) while loading
a document that we activated from the address bar will now move
focus back to the address bar entry field.
- Keyboard shortcuts: Alt+Z and Alt+X works
again in fullscreen as they did before beta2.
- Keyboard and selection fixes in fileselector: Ctrl+U
(erase text), Ctrl+Ins, Shift+Ins and
Ctrl+M (show local popup menu) did not work in the entry
field of the fileselector. Selection of the default filename when
the dialog box opened has also been added.
- Support for disabling focus move to menubar when Alt
keyboard button is released. We use Alt+Left and
Alt+Right for navigating in the window history and we
have over time received bug reports and remarks that
Alt+Left and Alt+Right often move the fucus
to the menubar. This may be a bigger problem on slower
- Crash fix: Delete private data in SDI
mode with the "Confirm Exit" dialog box option enabled would result
in a crash. The "Confirm Exit" dialog will no longer become visible
when windows are closed from the "Delete private data" dialog box.
- Let network translation/currency/search obey the "reuse
- Correct password replacement for URLs.
- Using Proper font and style for disabled text in toolbar buttons so
that it matches the disabled text style in other parts of
- Fix for search case problem. We could not match for
"Oystein" in a document that contained "oystein".
- Disabled "Print last page first" No support in core
- Added a print-progress dialog box. The dialog shows what page is
printed with the ability for the user to cancel the printing.
- Support for EBay and Download.com in the search-engine-list.
- Fix for transfer window shown in front the first time the window
was opened even when "show in background" mode was
enabled. The fix will only affect how/when the transfer window
- Fix for a bug that would make the Address bar visible on
Shift+clicked Windows even when addressbar was set to be
hidden in pref. dialog.
- Unix keyboard shotcurt support in address toolbar: Added support
for Ctrl+B and Ctrl+F.
- Proper localized help depending on the current selected
- When exporting Opera bookmarks (from File > Export) the filename
of the bookmark file Opera reads on startup will not be changed.
The name change will still occur if one select "Save as"
from the bookmark popup menu.
- The search toolbar (activate by selecting Edit > Embed search
tool and press Ctrl+F)will now be hidden when going to
fullscreen like the rest of the toolbars in Opera.
- Remove flicker in the Personal toolbar on startup. The search fields
would resize a number of times, while they now will not become
visible until the bookmarks have been installed.
- An ampersand in the page title (caption) could be transformed into
a shortcut when shown in the windowtoolbar, pagetoolbar and the
- Bookmark and contact files will respect a symbolic link. Earlier
versions of Opera would overwrite the link name when saving data
and not the file the link was referring to thereby destroying the
link. The feature is optional for 6.0 and is by default disabled
(we keep old behavior). It can only be enabled by editing
- Support for changing generic
font families (in prefs). It had been broken for a while.
- Fixed buffer overflow that occurred when using
URLs with extremely long hostnames (-200 chars).
This resolves buffer overrun crash bug.
- Fix for crash bug.
- Support for copying images to clipboard.
- Focus fix: Move focus to document area of the new window when
opening a link in a new window. It was placed in the address field
- Fix for bug Print Preview crash problem. We now leave Print Preview
when toggling Fullscreen <-> Normal view.
- Fix for a crash bug related with forms in
- Close open lists in dropdown boxes (form element) before deleting
them. Failing to do so would generate a focusrequest to an
invalidated/destroyed form element
- Fixed a crash when zoom in print preview (using the zoom dropdown
- Fixed a Private key (PEM
-file) import crash.
- Fixed crash in proxy autoconfiguration
See the changelogs for Opera 6.0 beta 2.