Changelog for Opera 9.20 beta for Mac
Opera 9.20 beta for Mac is available for download.
- This release is a beta version of Opera. Use only on properly backed up computers.
- This release contains security fixes. See the Security section for details.
- Opera 9.20 beta introduces Speed Dial and Developer Tools.
- The search engine in Speed Dial can be chosen in Search preferences. This release dynamically merges a default set of searches with your custom searches.
Changes Since Opera 9.10
- Introduced keyboard shortcuts ⌘ + 0-9 to call speed dial entries.
- Kiosk mode defaults to not displaying Speed Dial. Added new kioskmode switch kioskspeeddial to enable feature.
- Added thumbnails on hover in Windows panel.
- Start bar disabled by default.
Mail, messaging, and newsfeeds
- IRC /quit messages now work properly
- Transfer status on IRC improved
Display and scripting
- CSS height:inherit now inherits the computed value.
- Scripts in framesets now execute onload.
- Fix for character encoding inheritance issue with frames, which could enable cross-site scripting. See the advisory
- Fixed an issue regarding handling of FTP PASV response, as reported by Mark at bindshell.net
- Skandiabanken.no's message about successful certificate installation is now shown.
- Multiple stability fixes.
- Voluntary, anonymous usage statistics reporting feature added.
- Flickr Organizr now works correctly in Opera.
- Fullscreen movies on YouTube now start.
- Images with broken exif data now display.
- Saving big images should now work more reliably.
- When specifying address:port without specifying the protocol, "http://" is once again inferred.
- Native OS X UI elements can now be used in skins.
- Opera now supports the AppleAntiAliasingThreshold property which allows you to turn off antialiasing (font smoothing) separately from the system setting.