Changelog for Opera 9.0 Beta 2 for Mac
Opera 9 Beta 2 for Mac is available for download.
- This is a beta version of Opera. Use only on properly backed up computers.
- This release uses a new account storage format. If you install over an existing profile, you will be prompted to convert all accounts into the new format. This will not require a re-index. You will not be able to use the reformatted e-mail with previous versions of Opera.
- The widget.setPreferenceForKey method is not able to store widget preferences in this release.
Changes Since Opera 9.0 Beta 1
- User CSS is enabled by default in Author mode.
- Allowed custom headers to be displayed in the quick mail headers toolbar.
- Temporary downloads are now cleared when deleting cache.
- Fixed tab selection when exiting full screen mode.
- Display a warning when local messages are going to be deleted, when removing IMAP or news accounts.
- Improved handling of "Stop executing scripts on this page" checkbox on script dialogs.
- Fixed site preferences for styling forms and scrollbars.
- Widgets are no longer displayed on a faded screen.
- New widgets menu, providing options to add, open, and manage widgets.
- New widget management window and panel.
- Widget context menu now has option to keep always below other applications.
- Added automatic detection of widgets, with a widget button shown in the address field if a page uses this:
<link rel="alternate" type="application/x-opera-widgets" href="http://example.com/widget">
- Cache is not shared between widgets and pages opened from widgets.
- Fixed session handling for widgets.
Messaging and Newsfeeds
- Improved deleting of single messages from trash in IMAP accounts.
- Fix for duplicated messages in IMAP.
- IMAP messages are removed from local store when removing account.
- Fix to prevent incorrect warnings being displayed when opening IMAP account views.
- Fix for format=flowed sending incorrectly formatted content.
- Fix for sending mail with iso-2022-jp encoding.
- Fix to stop re-downloading old feeds.
- Allowed shrink-to-fit containers to have scrollbars.
- Fix for overflow:hidden on positioned elements causing unwanted scrollbars.
- Several fixes for overflow.
- Fixed handling of backgrounds in fieldsets.
- Fixed bug with illegal nested tables.
- Fix for incorrect display of large images.
- Refuse invalid namespace declaration attributes.
- Added support for document.load.
- Added support for document.adoptNode.
- Added support for range.createContextualFragment.
- Fixed behavior of range.compareBoundaryPoints.
- Content-Encoding is now respected by XMLHttpRequest for unknown content types.
- document.compatMode now gives 'BackCompat' for documents being rendered in quirks mode.
- Fixed handling of multiple changes to document.body.style.backgroundColor.
- Improved XSLT error reporting.
- Support copying attribute nodes in XSLT with copy-of.
- Fixed SSL negotiation problem for servers that do not tolerate TLS 1.0 version in the record protocol of the client hello.
- Added multi-tracker support to BitTorrent.
- BT file hash check saved in meta data file to reduce the need for checking files on resume.
- Fixed issue where having installed a large number of fonts could confuse opera.
- Several fixes for Web archives, including saving of XHTML documents.
- Multiple stability fixes.
- Added new startup arguments: "Opera -ScreenWidth 800 -ScreenHeight 600" will change the screen resolution to 800 by 600 until Opera quits, then it is reset to the previous values.