Opera 7.50 for Mac Changelog
Opera version 7.50 is now available for download.
Opera 7.50 (Beta 1 and final release both) fixes a Telnet URI handler vulnerability as reported in iDEFENSE Security Advisory 05.12.04. Users of earlier Opera versions are adviced to upgrade.
Please also note the following concerning Opera 7.50 for Mac:
- Mac OS X 10.1 or newer is required.
- Although import from Address Book to Opera's contacts is supported, changes made in Opera's contacts are at this stage not written back to Address Book.
- Some problems with switching fonts for Asian languages may occur, and inline Input Method Editors (IMEs) are not supported.
- Coming releases will continue to improve on the Mac OS X integration and Macintosh look and feel of the user interface.
- Users may experience some problems with the current Java implementation, which will also be improved on in coming releases.
- LiveConnect is not supported at this point.
If you would like to see a (more detailed) listing of changes since Beta 1 only, there is a separate changelog.
Changes since Opera 6.03:
At first glance
- Opera Mail - revolutionary e-mail, Usenet news and newsfeed client
- Chat client
- Faster rendering engine
- Redesigned user interface
- "Fast Forward" button
- Support for bi-directional text
- Web Unicode keyboard layout support
Presto, Opera's rendering engine
- Partial support for bi-directional languages
- Support for page/document reflow
- Support for DOM (Document Object Model) level 2
- Support for dynamic HTML
- Extended CSS2 support, including e.g. styling of form elements
- Improved HTML 4.01 support
- Added support for SCRIPT in XML
- DOCTYPE switching enabled (see separate document for details)
Operating system integration
- Support for OS X Services. Full support requires that Opera be installed in "Applications" folder
- Dynamic updating from Addressbook
- Wand passwords are also stored to Keychain
- Supports import from Apple Mail.
- Perfectly integrated with the Opera browser.
- Automatically generated access points, including auto-detection and threaded display of mailing lists.
- Support for Usenet news servers with password authentication.
- Support for SMTP authentication.
- Learning spam filter and custom filters.
- Filters support regular expressions.
- Messages can be labeled by importance, status, etc.
- Support for POP3, IMAP, and ESMTP.
- Quick reply - send your reply without opening a compose window.
- Support for RSS newsfeeds:
- RSS 0.9x, 1.0 and 2.0 are supported.
- "Newsfeeds" added as access point in the e-mail panel.
- Clicking RSS link automatically adds newsfeed to Opera Mail.
- Context-sensitive automatic filling of to-headers.
- Choose timespan for visible e-mail messsages - one day, last week, last month, last 3 months, last year, or forever.
- Personal information or the content of any Opera note can be added to messages from the context menu.
New chat client
- Uses IRC (Internet Relay Chat) protocol.
- New chat panel lists visited chat rooms and status of on-line contacts.
- Support for sending and receiving files using DCC.
- Graphical smileys are generated from textual equivalents.
Accessibility and Usability
- Support for alternate style sheets
- Built-in accessibility user style sheet
- Support for multiple user style sheets, including 100% CSS-made text browser, that can be applied to any Web page
- User mode address-bar icon has a drop-down menu that lets you choose alternative ways to view a Web page
- Press Alt+Shift+F11 to enable Small-Screen Rendering (SSR), which emulates a handheld (small-screen) device running Opera
- Move focus to page elements with Shift+arrow keys
- Multiple new keyboard shortcuts increase accessibility. For a full listing of existing shortcuts, press Cmd+B while using the latest Opera version. Keyboard shortcuts for all actions can also be customized in Mouse and keyboard Preferences
- New navigation bar supports page/document navigation defined using link tags
- Dynamic on-the-fly generation of access keys in menus
- Paste and go - pressing Cmd+D will use clipboard URL to go to new Web page (replaces the sequence of focusing address field, pasting address and hitting Return
- Web and e-mail Unicode keyboard layout support
- Choose between Google relevant ads and a generic selection of banner ads in the ad-sponsored version of Opera. Read more about Opera Browser Google Ads.
- Support for accepting requested pop-ups only
- Built-in help files open as ordinary browser pages