Opera 10.60 for Mac changelog
Release date: July 1, 2010
Opera 10.60 is a recommended upgrade offering new and improved features, plus security and stability enhancements. For your
reference, please see the previous Opera 10.60 beta 1 for Mac changelog
on the Opera changelogs website.
Opera Presto 2.6 rendering engine
- Opera 10.60 final contains the Opera Presto 2.6 rendering engine, which improves stability and adds support for the following
new Opera features.
- User-enabled geolocation services are provided through Google Location Services (GLS).
- IP address and WiFi recognition are implemented.
- IP address recognition works with GLS by recognizing your IP address and telling you the cordinates based on it.
- WiFi recognition works with GLS by gathering and then sending a list of all nearby wireless networks including MAC (Media
Access Control) address, SSID (Service set identifier) name, and signal strength, which returns your coordinates.
- An address bar map pin icon indicates a Web page is accessing the Geolocation API.
- Opera geolocation services support the W3C Geolocation
API Specification (http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-geolocation-API-20081222/).
- A user decides to share or not share their device location with a Web site based on trust; see
section 4.2 (http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source.html#privacy_for_recipients) of the W3C Geolocation specification.
- Further information is available at the Opera Desktop Team blog: "The
return of Geolocation" (http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2010/02/05/skin-fixes-unite-and-then-some).
- See this demo (http://html5demos.com/geo).
Offline Web Applications
- Support is added for Offline Web Applications (http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/offline.html#offline)
implementing the user interface for caching.
- This allows documents to communicate with each other regardless of their source domain, and is designed in a way which
does not enable cross-site scripting attacks.
- See these Opera demos:
- Web Workers (http://www.w3.org/TR/workers/) is an API for running scripts
in the background independently of any user interface scripts. This allows for long-running scripts that are not interrupted
by scripts that respond to clicks or other user interactions, and allows long tasks to be executed without yielding to keep
the page responsive.
- See this demo (http://html5demos.com/worker).
- The WebM format consists of the VP8 video and Vorbis audio
codecs wrapped inside a .webm container. It is based on the Matroska media container format, and offers high-quality
video with fast seeking.
- WebM works together with the HTML5
<video> element supported in the Opera Presto rendering engine.
- See these Opera articles:
Changes since Opera 10.60 beta 1
- The design of the "Fraud Warning" dialog
- Allowing file choosers to be editable in the native UI
- Support for enabling/disabling nettype, leaving it enabled by default
- Thumbnail quality
- Premature shutdown when using the Mozilla Web Workers demo
- An Application Cache issue when enabling "Work Offline"
- Control-click mouse gestures not working on trakpads/single-button mice
- Premature shutdown occurring on page load after Carbon removal
- Dragging a favicon or tab to desktop creates an image
- "Open in background" tab from context menu opening in the foreground
- Autoupdate sometimes failing to properly replace the old installation
- End key putting the cursor at beginning of next line instead of end of the current line
- Opera reloading images when going back with History Navigation Mode 3
- Gmail checkboxes looking odd
- Block level elements not creating new lines in pasted text
- Premature shutdown using spatial navigation when two scrollable containers are positioned near each other
- Cache-related premature shutdown when reloading pages
- Incorrect font being used for CJK contents within a page of other language
- File handling when dealing with zip archives
- Search suggestions fixes:
- Search suggestions not working in the address bar when using search keywords
- Default Speed Dial search not being present in many locals
- Search drop-down getting mixed up when deleting a previous search
- Clicking on search suggestions in the Go To dialog dismissing the dialog
- Premature shutdown on exit after using the download context menu
- HTML5 video and gif animations stop playing when context menu is open
- Not being able to type in file input fields in the user interface
- Text being cut off in the browser identification dropdown in Polish version
- QuAVlive Webm Adaptive HTTP Streaming Demo prematurely shutting down Opera
- Opera Unite Messenger application not loading
- Transparent Opera Speed Dial dialogs not rendering correctly
- Premature shutdown when changing file format in the Save As dialog
Display and scripting
- Serif fonts being used as default in form elements (input, text fields, and buttons)
- Documents (where
documentedit has been enabled) stay in memory along with every later document in the tab
- No load event occurring for not-yet-visible images (hp.com slideshow: Main content on hp.com not displaying when "slideshow"
- IMG x/y not being supported (date picker in wrong location)
innerHTML not stripping quotes on attributes, and
innerHTML not being lowercase
- Image upload to blogger.com appearing to fail
- Page load producing a blank page
- Premature shutdown when rich text editing a page
- Meta refresh without a URL reloading the page
- Premature shudown when performing a normal shutdown procedure
- An issue when printing and print previewing emails
- Large images only rendering up to 5-10%, then nothing until fully loaded
- Yahoo! Mail chat truncating output sent from Opera
- Premature shutdown after inspecting an element with a
- Background being corrupted when scrolling (large negative text-indent)
- Not all
param values being displayed
- Scrolling a page by dragging the scrollbar in print preview stops scrolling when halfway through the document
- Range header not being sent for a redirected (301) URL
- Premature shutdown occurring in the cookie dialog
- Large amount of overflow (in the vertical direction) disabling scrollbars
- XHR (XMLHttpRequest) custom headers not being resent when redirected
- An unclosed, absolutely positioned
span freezing Opera if ancestors are relatively positioned, with one of
them being an
- Authentication information not being propagated to Java
- MHTML file with "
Content-Encoding:gzip" header causing a premature shutdown
- Popup blocker being circumvented when using JS URL and fake click
IFRAME height property being ignored in MSR mode if
- Setting the same JS URL as the
src of a
script element halts its loading
active-window event not being sent after a dialog is closed, with focus then switching back to the opener
- A premature shutdown when using inline search
- Incorrect reporting of the offline cache size
- Application cache list not containing unvisited caches after shutdown/restart
- Plug-in fixes:
- New Java plug-in not finding the applet on local pages
- A problem with the Quake Live (and friends) plug-in
- Voddler plug-in scripting issues
- Swedish BankID causing Opera to prematurely shut down (pensionsmyndigheten.se)
- Not being able to click links at dramaten.se: script resumes after inserting a non-plugin object
- Flash not always painting until being forced (YouTube channels)
OuterHTML on nested objects with
document.onmouseover disables page interaction
- An issue with Netflix streaming video
- Premature shutdown when hosting the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in
- Application cache quota strategy not working properly
- Not being able to revisit a cached URL
- Page cache deleting application cache URLs
- Hangup being caused by
img/float/iframe in a width-restricted element
- Memory leak relating to font caching
- Unicode freezing (Wikipedia)
- Form input fields with border-radius and no border being invisible
- Premature shutdown when attempting to load mountpoint URL of file inside a zip file
- Opera freezing when changing
src attribute of
audio element in event handler for "ended"
- Fast history navigation stops working when document cache reaches half the size of previous problem level
- Premature shutdown when closing a tab with mouse gesture over Flash
- Not being able to open non-latin local paths
- Premature shutdown when Auto-update tries to delete an update bundle twice
- Problems when dragging and dropping text
- Premature shutdown when using Web Storage
- Canvas 2D context's font attribute forcing a premature shutdown
- Disabling the Opera Speed Dial search provider is not remembered
- A document being served with an incorrect MIME breaks multistyle/font switch-writing system
- Video prematurely shutting down on Mac
- An inline element breaking the layout of inline-blocks (deviantart.com)
- Arabic letters not combining into ligatures
Mail, news, chat
- Prevention of broken searches in mail
Offline Web Applications fixes
- The list of application caches not containing unvisited domains after a shutdown/restart
- Offline application cache size being incorrectly reported
- Offline application cache being unavailable for panels
- Offline application cache being unavailable for the special Opera Dragonfly window
- Offline "application_cache" not being stored in a temporary location
Geolocation services fixes
- Adding a mechanism to clear Geolocation preferences
- Corrected several erroneous Geolocation settings
- Checkbox labels in Geolocation Terms and Conditions not being clickable
- "Do you want to share your location" toolbar being displayed even if "remember my choice" was previously selected
- Show the domain rather than URL in the Geolocation toolbar
- Widgets not showing tooltips
- Inconsistent context menu item name; should be "View" instead of "Position"
- Updating the structure of widgets menu
- Wrong ordering of context menus for widgets with image, and for widgets with link
- Implemented validation of certificates used in widget signature using OCSP
- Fixed an issue where double-clicking a link can unexpectedly run a program from the Internet; see our
- Fixed an issue which could be used to trick users into uploading unexpected files, as reported by Andrew Valums; see our