What are Windows Phone’s best kept secrets? It has many utility tools that will enhance your browsing experience.
Here’s some handy Windows Phone features you can use alongside browsing on Opera Mini for Windows Phone:
Project to your screen
Wanna see Opera Mini on a bigger screen? Show off your latest social pictures to friends and family? If you have a TV, projector or monitor with Miracast support, simply connect to it with your Windows Phone. You can also project to your Windows PC if you have the Project My Screen app and a USB cable.
- Go to the app list. Then choose Settings > Project my screen.
- Choose the name of the device you want to connect to.
Set up VPN for secure browsing
If you travel for work, you might need to connect to VPN in order to access work emails on Opera Mini. Setting up VPN is one of the best Windows Phone features, and it’s easy:
- Go to the app list, tap Settings > VPN.
- Tap and hold the VPN profile name, and then tap Edit.
- From here, type your username and password; then, tap Save.
- Connect to the VPN.
Set quiet hours for undisturbed browsing
Sometimes we just need quality alone time while browsing on Opera Mini. With help from Cortana, you can set a time frame for blocking calls and notifications. To set Quiet Hours:
- Press the Search button to go to Cortana;then, tap Cortana’s Notebook >Quiet hours.
- Turn on Right now to activate quiet hours immediately. This mode will stay on until you turn it off.
You can also set repeated Quiet Hours. Maybe every Sunday morning? Check out Microsoft’s guide. https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/cortana/quiet-hours-and-cortana
Enable battery saver
Who doesn’t love prolonged browsing sessions? With the Battery Saver app on Windows Store, you can choose which apps should update in the background. Block the unnecessary ones, so you can get more browsing on Opera Mini. This app should be preloaded on your phone. If you deleted it by accident, visit the Windows Phone Store to re-download it.